" Mellow Parenting has provided me with a great insight into ways in which parents can manage their child's behaviour. There are approaches we have discussed which I have never thought of before "
Mellow Parenting is a family of programmes developed to support parents and their children in making good relationships.
The foundation of all the programmes is attachment theory with particular emphasis on the transmission of attachment and relationship styles across generations. So, if you have had poor relationships with carers in your early childhood, evidence shows that it is harder to make good relationships now, with services, partners and of course your children.
Evidence based programmes
- Going Mellow (for parents of children aged 2 to 5 years)
- Mellow Babies (for parents of babies aged up to 18 months)
- Mellow Bumps (our antenatal programme)
- Dad Matters… (an antenatal programme for dads to be)
- Mellow Dads (for dads of children aged 0-18 months and 2-5 years).
- Our family of parenting programmes
Mellow Parenting is a Scottish based charity but its programmes are delivered in a number of international countries including Iceland, Russia, New Zealand, Germany and Tajikistan.